Enjoy an authentic St. Lucian experience blending the past and present as you See, Taste and Smell the flavors of the island while discovering, exploring and learning about life here in days gone by on the Essence of Saint Lucia.
Depart your hotel or cruise port for Greenwood Terrace where you stroll through the grounds amidst tropical fruit trees and flowering plants growing in abundance.
See a Traditional Medicinal herb Garden and learn how our forefathers and local folklore used those herbs. Travel back in time as you view the ancient “Platene” used in the making of Sugar and Farine (a by -product of Cassava – an Amerindian dish). See an “Old Styled Fowl Coop” (Chicken House), the outdoor cooking fireplace, and Clay Oven used for baking bread. Discover the secrets of local Coconut Oil and of Bay Rum, a by- product of the Bay Leaf
Learn intriguing facts about our Traditional Creole Headwear and Dress; try the headpiece if you may. View a brilliant and interesting display of Historic artifacts depicting the Amerindian, European and African influences on our history.
Taste a variety of tropical fruits, island delicacies, local rums and much more.
An interactive experience which showcases the island and offers you a deep insight into the “Essence of Saint Lucia.”
Tip: Wear comfortable walking shoes. take along cameras. Excellent family excursion.
- Visit a traditional medicinal herb garden
- Taste a variety of fruits, rum and island delicacies
- Guided tour of the attraction grounds featuring multiple fruits & flowers
- Learn the medicinal benefits and local uses of a variety of plants & flowers
- See the utensils used by inhabitants to prepare cassava flour and bread
- See a wide range of artifacts used by predecessors
- Get a glimpse into the way of life of St. Lucians in the past
- Round Trip Transportation
- Finger foods